Fire and life safety on campus

Facilities Management asks that you check your extension cords and space heaters to make sure they follow proper safety guidelines. Read more in the following message.

Every year, Department of Campus Management and Security goes through every building on campus and help and/or make us be very conscience about our fire prevention program. One item that is always cited is the improper use of extension cords, multi plugs and extension cords that are considered fire hazards. The following are recommendations:

- Multi plugs must be circuited, grounded with an on / off switch

- A multi plug plugged into a multi plug is not permitted

- Regular grounded extension cords are for temporary use and should be unplugged after each use daily

- A multi plug must be plugged directly into a wall outlet